Solutions Training Group | 2-DAY SESSION | PMI = 14 PDU | CPE = 12 Hrs
Certified ScrumMaster Workshop
Learn, understand and execute on the three overarching principles behind Scrum: iterative development, self-management, and visibility
Date(s): May 17 - 18, 2012
am - 5:00 pm each day
Location One Highland Center, 314 E. Highland Mall Blvd., Suite 403, Austin, TX
Cost: $1,395, Group Discount (3+) $1195 per seat
Government discount - $976.50
The Scrum Alliance(SM) has recently transformed the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification into a more rigourous certificate program with updated content, increased difficulty and a pass/fail outcome. Previously all candidates were initially granted Scrum certification regardless of score, but this will no longer be the case starting April 1, 2012. After successfully completing the Certified ScrumMaster Workshop, participants will have all information required to take the new evaluation and become Scrum certified. The evaluation is completed online at the end of training, and consists of 35 questions. They will also be registered with the Scrum Alliance, with online access to class training materials and any updates for two years.
This course is backed by ASPE's Exam Pass Guarantee. Upon completion of our Scrum Master Certification Course, if after two attempts within the 60-day evaluation period you have not passed the exam and obtained certification, ASPE will allow you to attend another session of our Scrum Master Certification Course free of charge and pay for you to retake your certification exam.
Even projects that have solid, well-defined project plans encounter some degree of change and waste. Shifting market conditions, budget cuts, staff restructuring, or any number of influences will disrupt the best plan while contributing to customer dissatisfaction and staff discouragement. Moreover, projects that begin with changing or unclear requirements make it difficult to even establish project expectations. Scrum is the agile development process that allows teams to deliver usable software periodically throughout the life of the project, absorbing change and new requirements as the project proceeds.
Beginning with the history of agile development and moving through the disciplines promoted by Scrum, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the Scrum methodology while specifically reviewing the behaviors expected of a ScrumMaster. This 2-day class is suitable for those practicing or looking to practice the art of the ScrumMaster, but is highly valuable for anyone involved in Scrum (Managers, Team Members, Product Managers, etc.).
In-Class Group Exercises
This course is a stimulating combination of class interaction, case studies, group exercises and workshops. Each is designed to allow you to easily grasp new concepts and techniques.
Specifically, you will cover:
- The "Art of the Possible": learn how small change can have a large impact on productivity
- Product integrity: review various options employees use when faced with difficulty, learn the importance of delivering high quality products in Scrum
- Customer Expectations: Using a changing schedule and agile estimating and planning, assess the work to properly set customer expectations and manage customer satisfaction
- Running the Scrum Project: Run a full Scrum project that lasts 59 minutes. You will walk through all steps under the Scrum Framework
- Agile Estimating and Planning: Break into teams, and through decomposition and estimating plan out a project through delivery
- Team Dynamics: Since Scrum deals with change, conflict will happen. Learn methods to resolve problems in a self-managed environment
Key Benefits of Attending You Can Immediately Use:
- Learn the details on Scrum roles: Team Member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster
- Gain an understanding of the foundational/critical concepts of Scrum with our Certified Scrum Trainer® instructional program
- Understand how to apply empirical thinking to your project work
- Learn how a team's productivity can be adjusted to account for its composition
- Appreciate the importance of organizational agreement on software readiness
- Hear why the ScrumMaster role can be the most satisfying as well as the most difficult job on a project
- Discover how conflict resolution plays a critical role in Scrum
- Work on a real-world Scrum project live in the classroom
- Learn, practice and utilize the Scrum Framework
- Gain a detailed understanding of how to know when software is "Done" under Scrum
- Review and understand the critical characteristics a ScrumMaster must have to succeed
- Get to the heart of the matter with Scrum, coaching and team productivity
- Compare traditional and Agile project estimating and planning
- Conduct decomposition to estimate a Scrum project
- Practice Scrum meetings including; Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Burndowns, Sprint review, and Sprint retrospective
- Achieve the first step in Scrum AllianceSM recognized certifications, enabling you to advance to higher levels of recognition
- Learn a framework to operate large projects using Scrum
- Implementing Scrum is about getting results, learn how to maximize your returns using Scrum
Who should attend
This certification program was developed for any professional who is currently involved in or will become involved in the running of Scrum projects.
Current Scrum Team Members not certified, including:
- Business customer, user or partner
- Product Owners
- Team Members
- Acting ScrumMasters who currently are not certified
Positions within organizations that are interested in moving
to Scrum, including:
- Project Manager
- Project lead
- Project sponsors
- IT Manager/Directors
- Business Analyst
PMI: 14 PDU
Type of class:
Project Management, Management
Approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
This class meets 14 PDUs for full completion. ASPE is an approved Registered
Education Provider (R.E.P.) as outlined by the Project Management
PMI, PMP, PMBOK, and the PMI R.E.P. logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
TX Board of Public
Accountancy Sponsor Number: 009988
Cancellation Date: May 3, 2012
Substitution & Cancellation Policy:
Student substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of class. Cancellations received less than 14 days prior to the start date of class will be subject to a $100 administrative fee. You may cancel your reservation by providing Solutions Training Group/ASPE with written notice via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a cancellation/transfer request is received in writing, less than 10 business days prior to the class start date, payment will still be due, no refunds will be issued and you will be charged a $200 cancellation fee. You will be allowed to apply your paid course tuition to the same course within 1 year from the original course start date. Only one reenrollment opportunity is allowed per person. Failure to attend the course without written notification via fax or email prior to the start of the course will be considered a "no show" and will result in forfeiture of the full course price. If Solutions Training Group ASPE is forced to cancel a course for any reason, liability is limited to the registration fee only.
Location: ONE HIGHLAND CENTER, 314 E. Highland Mall Blvd., suite 403, Austin, TX
For additional information about this class, please
contact us at email@example.com,